Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hello, Kitty!


Today we spent the morning applying for JuenJuen's passport. She gets a Chinese passport and a visa to travel back home with us, because she does not become a U.S. citizen until out plane lands on American soil. (This will take place in Newark, NJ, in case you're wondering. I wish this pivotal moment could have occurred in Texas, but for reasons I have difficulty fathoming, Continental has almost no direct flights from its hub in Houston to China.)

The afternoon was spent at a combination amusement park/playground that the kids really enjoyed, and I was happy because they were happy. I was also happy because there was some great people watching, as well as an amusement I've never seen before in person: giant clear plastic bubbles with a hole in the middle, floating on a pond--you climb inside them and run around like a hamster in a wheel, except you're on water. Mark and the boys tried it. Reviews were mixed.

In between these activities, JuenJuen discovered a stash of Hello Kitty treats my mom picked out for her, much to her delight. She also embarked on learning English, happily checking out a "My First Words" board book with me (thanks, Lisa!) and picking up words and phrases including "night night," "bye bye," and "pat," as in pat the bunny. She is a smart one, did I already mention that?





3 comments:

Laura said...

can't see the picture!

Laura said...

can't see the picture!

Lisa said...

Congratulations, Jenny! I found my way here through Missy's blog. So funny- our June's nick name is June June! Lisa Swank