Tuesday, December 15, 2009

If They Asked Me, I Could Write A Book



In fact, I have been asked. Not to write an entire book, but to contribute an essay to one, and to contribute to blogs that would disperse the story of our family far and wide across the Internets. And I have been writing, to the tune of thousands of words, but I just can't bring myself to hit the send button.

Because there is so much to tell, but most of it does not belong to me alone, but to my three fantastic kids. Once I put it out there it's part of their Google forever, you know?

Which sucks, honestly, because writing is what I do, and this is the story of a lifetime. But for the moment, I'm sitting on it.


3 comments:

Tari said...

good decision, IMO.

Heather said...

Hey- I really enjoy your blog. I feel the same way about my kids' personal stories.

Just wondering- how is RJ doing after her surgery? My daughter has a rare skeletal condition and has been through several surgeries (with more to come). From the pictures it looks like she's doing really well :)

SALLY said...

I can't think of anything in y'all's story that the beebles would object to in later life. It would be such
a wonderful family history for them to read. I say--push that send button.